SkinMedica Age Defense 15% AHA/BHA Cream

My dermatologist introduced me to this product and I have been using this for a long time now. I can't believe I didn't write a review about this yet, I have been using this for a couple of years already!

SkinMedica 15% AHA/BHA Cream is a treatment that would improve the appearance of skin texture, tone and smoothness by exfoliating the skin. According to their website, this cream should:

  • Exfoliate skin to reveal a more youthful appearance
  • Improves the appearance of skin texture, tone and smoothness
  • Nourishes and helps protect skin from free radical damage with vitamins and antioxidants.
I got the old packaging of this cream. The old one looks like this:


First of all, let me tell you that I love using AHA products. I like what it does to treat my skin. What I really like about SkinMedica AHA is that it has a very high percentage of AHA. Even thought this has 12% AHA/BHA, it's still gentle enough that it doesn't sting when I apply it on. 

I only use this at night. I don't like using this as a moisturizer during daytime because I find it to be sticky when I cover my entire face with this. 

All Alpha-hydroxy acids are said to be natural. The Lactic Acid, Glycolid Acid, Citric Acid and Malic Acid found in this cream were derived from bilberry extract, sugar cane extract, sugar maple extract, orange and lemon extract. These AHAs creates a mild exfoliation that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin texture. Also helps keep surface cells soft and pliable.

Salicylic Acid is the BHA in this cream. It helps open clogged sebaceous follicles. It's also an antiseptic and fungicidal. 


With continuous use of this, it made big changes in my skin. This cream gently exfoliates skin that it made my face soft and very smooth. It would also fade away acne marks and also makes me look more glowy.

If I stopped using this for about 2 weeks, my skin will be back to the way it was before. The smoothness would be gone.

For some weird reason I cannot explain, I like how this smell. I can't explain the scent, but I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog.

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets