Clean & Clear Advantage 3-in-1 Foaming Acne Wash


I've been using this product for a few months now and I'm about to finish the entire bottle. I checked the website today to find out that this product is being recalled.

Here's what they say on the Clean & Clear website:



"You may notice that CLEAN & CLEAR® ADVANTAGE® 3-in-1 foaming acne wash (UPC 38137-1025800) is not available on store shelves. This is because we decided to recall it from wholesalers and retailers. The reason is that in some bottles, the product may be partly congealed and the active ingredient, salicylic acid may be slightly above the amount specified on the label. If you’ve purchased the product, you don’t need to take any action. There is a chance that exposure to the congealed product could temporarily, slightly increase the risk of skin irritation, due to a slightly higher concentration of salicylic acid.

While it’s not necessary for you to take any action, you may prefer to discard the product and contact our Consumer Call Center to request a refund at 1-877-414-7710 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.). For a bit more information on the recall, click here.

We’re sincerely sorry if this causes you any inconvenience. We intend to correct the problem, and we are working to bring CLEAN & CLEAR® ADVANTAGE® 3-in-1 foaming acne wash back to you as soon as we are able."

I'm not sure if the bottle I got is the batch that is being recalled but I did not experience any dryness or irritation while using this.

The label said that this product contains 2% Salicylic Acid. While using this, I did not experience any dryness while using this and I use this twice a day. I only felt my skin to be a bit tight during on cold days. 

The "3-in-1" this cleanser promises to do is to cleanse skin, fight pimples and control future breakouts.

I like foaming cleanser, and this is not one of them. I don't know why it says "Foaming" on the label because it doesn't foam up. It only lathers up, but not foamy.

I bought this in hopes to keep my breakouts under control. Sadly, this did not help treat or control my breakout. I still get pimples like I normally did back when I wasn't using this face wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog.

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets