Obagi Professional-C Serum 10%


As you know, Vitamin C is a good antioxidant for the skin. It prevents skin cell damage giving your skin the protection it needs. This brand of Vitamin C serum claims to have a greater penetration than other brands.

Copying from Obagi's site, vitamin C will give you the superior protection needed to:

  • prevent premature signs of aging
  • protect against sun damage
  • stimulate collagen production, and
  • lighten and brighten skin for a more even skin tone.

I use this in the morning. I apply too many creams at night that I don't want to squeeze this in my nightly regimen. I apply it after taking a shower and let it sit and soak on my face for around 3 minutes before applying my moisturizer.

I like that the bottle is blue and blocks out light exposure that could damage the vitamin C inside. I keep my bottle inside the refrigerator. It's also a good place for safe keeping so I won't accidentally knock it down.

I like the serum. It sinks in my skin but it gives me a glossy look (because my face is so shinny). I didn't quite like the smell. To me, it smells a bit rusty.

I use this everyday and it did lighten some of my discoloration, like acne scars and some freckles on the cheek. But, it didn't totally cleared them away.

I wish the bottle is smaller, then the content won't expire as quickly as mine did. The serum became darker in color (first, it was almost a very light yellow, now, it's a light orange). Not that I constantly expose it to light. I apply this in a dimly lighted area of my house. The smell also changed, it became more rusty.

When it's humid, this serum tends to make my face sticky and oilier. On normal days, it makes my t-zone oily. It did make my skin brighter and firmer. My skin feels tight like it's been stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog.

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets