Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent



I always feel that my face isn't clean without using a toner or astringent. My face cleaning regimen wouldn't be complete without wiping a toner moistened cotton ball on my face and seeing the dirt and oil it picked up. When the cotton ball comes out clean, it's the time that I am convince that my face is finally "clean".

First of all, let me tell you the difference between a toner and astringent. Toners are usually meant for those with normal to sensitive skin since it's alcohol and chemical-free. Some brands make toners with all natural ingredients. Astringents, on the other hand, are alcohol base, which are more suitable for oily or combination skin. It's better to use to remove excess oil and dirt.

I always look for "salicylic acid" in the ingredients of the astringents I use. It helps unclog pores. It also treats some pimples you might have. I always use Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent. It has 2% salicylic acid to help treat and prevent acne. I think I already tried all the Neutrogena toners and this is the one I like. The others are all too mild for me. 


This astringent is good in stripping away oil and dirt. It's also good in cleaning my face clean with any make-up the facial wash has left behind. It's leaves my pores clear and also heals and help dry out some pimples I have. It may be too harsh for some, but this doesn't dry out my skin.

A good thing about this astringent is it also contains witch hazel. Witch Hazel is said to be a good oil-control agent. I remember one time when I used a pure witch hazel astringent on my face. I was desperate for oil-control. I just bought a generic brand from a drugstore since I was just going to test it out. It smelled horrible! Aside from the smell, it didn't clean my face the way I wanted it to be. So, I stopped using it and went back to using this Neutrogena.

And because this Neutrogena astringent has witch hazel as one of it's ingredient, it smellz bad. Not as bad as the pure witch hazel though, so it's bearable. You can also smell the strong scent of alcohol so this really isn't suitable for those with dry or sensitive skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog.

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets